Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Netting Neptune - how long will the streak go?


October 6, 2009


Netting Neptune made it to #6 on the publisher's September 2009 Best Seller List. Yes, it's exciting stuff, at least to me. So far, all my new releases at Amber Allure have made the list. I know the streak can't last forever, but it is definitely fun right now.

And as an extra added bonus on the day, Netting Neptune received a 4 out of 5 rating at Reviews by Jessewave. Thanks to reviewer Aunt Lynn for her review. She doesn't usually say nice things about anyone.

Reviews are a mixed bag, even the good ones. The personal philosophies of the reviewer and the writer are seldom the same. A happy writer equals happy stories.

I believe that, as in real life, what is written on the virgin sands of the future is what matters in a relationship, not the frozen, tangled threads of the past. My message (yes, all writers have one)is that moving forward is what gets a person through life.

Maybe a positive outlook is a detriment to a writer. Maybe I need to suffer more for my art. Not.

Anyway, it was a good review, and Netting Neptune made the bestseller list, and now both items are old news. The future is in an open document on my desktop. The current story is a tough one. I'm sure the reviewers are going to crucify me on it since it deals with the possibility of one of the characters being HIV positive.

I can "hear" it now. But you know what? It's my story, and I'm doing it my way.

KC Kendricks
http://www.kckendricks.com


1 comment:

twolips said...

Hi I am trying to send you the review of Netting Neptune, unfortunately I do not know how to contact you, please excuse that i posted it to your blog but wanted you to know it is live and I adored this novel!