Saturday, July 3, 2010

Who gets paid for doing the work?




July 3, 2010
**Amber Quill Press is now closed**

I subscribe to a few Google alerts and am constantly amazed at the garbage...er...interesting facts that come my way. The name of this blog, Between the Keys, has made me a pseudo-expert on Alicia Keys, whoever she is. It's actually fun to see where some of the links take me. Usually.

This morning, a new alert for Seducing Light popped up in my mailbox, so of course, I clicked. It turns out, it's just a Joyfully Reviewed copy of an old review, posted on blogger to generate a click through to the Seducing Light buy page at Amazon.

Say..what? A review site generating money for itself off my book? Maybe. Anyone could have copied that review and posted it on blogger to get the click-through kick-back. I do wonder.

I do wonder what my publisher is going to say.

I do know what I am going to say to my publisher.

Attempting to keep my perspective, it IS a good review of Seducing Light, which is a good book, if I do say so myself. It's my second favorite right after Tango in the Night. Joyfully Reviewed gave it high praise, and this reposted review goes so far as to give it a 5 out of 5 ranking.

So here's the thing. If you'd like to own a copy of Seducing Light, why not purchase it from the person who worked to get the book ready for sale? 

It's time to pay the people who work, not work the system.


Life through the eyes of Greenbrier Smokey Deuce: deucesday.blogspot.com

No comments: