Tuesday, April 10, 2012

I is for Ice Cream



A to Z Blogging 2012
On Being a Published Writer
April 10, 2012
Day 9


Every aspiring author should learn the value of ice cream.

No joke. Ice cream will always make the next chapter easier to write. My personal favorites are Chocolate Peanut Butter Swirl, Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, and Black Raspberry.

There’s something about the cool, creamy texture melting on my tongue that makes all worries flee. I even forget to worry about how stupid I’m going to look licking the bowl.

When you need a break - take one. You can’t keep plugging away if your brain has gone to mush, or you’re frustrated.

Take a walk. Do some stretches. Comb the dog. Eat some ice cream.

And go back to your work-in-progress refreshed.

KC Kendricks
Website

7 comments:

Kyra Lennon said...

I find chocolate works just as well! :D

mindthagap said...

Great advice... I find stretching works well too, fresh rush of blood to the brain and working out the kinks in my back from hunching over a laptop! :)

shelly said...

I'd grow an enormous butt if I ate all that ice cream so I'll walk instead.

Great advice.

Now following!

Shelly
http://secondhandshoesnovel.blogspot.com/

MAJK said...

I'm using this article as an excuse to drain that quart of Chocolate Trinity in the freezer... just os you know.

On a serious note - You are dead right! Taking a break is sometimes the most important thing you can do for yourself.

I hear long bubble baths are equally beneficial.

*~ MAJK ~*
Twitter @Safireblade
A To Z Blog Challenge

Unknown said...

As good as that ice cream looks, my butt would form it's own country if I ate ice cream that looked like that all the time. I would love it, but....

Visiting from the A-Z challenge.

Kathy
http://gigglingtruckerswife.blogspot.com

KC Kendricks said...

One of the advantages of living in a two-adult household is we each have our fave flavor in the freezer and nary the two shall meet. I feel no guilt whatsoever dipping a spoon directly into the tub for two or three bites then tossing the tub back in the freezer.

Selim Yeniceri said...

Interesting angle; and mighty one. Thanks for the sharing.