Sunday, May 27, 2012

Changes to SER and SMR

May 27, 2012

One of my great-grandmothers was a Dunker. On her kitchen wall she had a piece of embroidery she’d completed as girl in the late 1890’s. The frame was chipped and beaten, and the cloth yellowed, and I suspect it had been on her wall for at least half a century. Looking back, I‘m sure only the embroidery floss held the cloth together. The verses she’d carefully added were from the King James Version of Ecclesiastes 3.

To everything there is a season. If I know anything in my life, it’s those six words are Truth.

A time to begin and a time to end, and the time has come to shut down Saturday Evening Romance and Saturday Morning Reviews to open posting. Like everything in life, those two blogs have run their course. I was happy to open them and offer a place for fellow authors to post excerpts and brag about good reviews. I hope someone else will start similar blogs and offer me the chance to join in.

Note to that person: I assure you I can read and I WILL follow the posted rules.

It is MY failing that I get so annoyed when writers prove they can’t read. It’s MY shortcoming that I lack patience when published writers don’t understand the meaning of “excerpts only” or “reviews only.” It’s a flaw in MY character that I believe rules and boundaries enable all of us to get along together in the same space.

A time to keep and a time to cast away. I’m not going to delete the blogs at this point. Those who followed the rules will be able to continue to post. Those whom I had to go behind and “clean up” posts will no longer be able to contribute. I hate to have to do it, but it’s time to reduce the stress in my life.

To everyone who participated at Saturday Evening Romance and Saturday Morning Reviews - my thanks.
KC

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I know what you mean about staying at home. It is one of the most relaxing, refreshing experiences to me just to not have to go anywhere. Enjoy your peace and space.

I'm sorry to hear about Saturday Evening Romance and Saturday Morning Reviews. I didn't post often and should have. They were great blogs and you gave your fellow authors a marvelous place to share. I thank you tremendously for that. You are one of the brightest spirits out here in the blogosphere and I am happy to count you among my friends here.

KC Kendricks said...

Thanks, Melissa. You're a bright spot for me, too. I wish I had your energy!!!

I thought long and hard about letting SER and SMR wind down and close, but it's what I need to do.