Saturday, February 15, 2014

Bored, Stroked and Blueprinted - new cover up!

February 15, 2014

One of the things I always look forward to (with a touch of trepidation) is the cover for an upcoming release. Covers are the purview of the publisher. Yep. That's a period, end of the matter deal. They might give us lowly authors a form to fill out, but when it comes to the actual end product, it's take it or leave it. It's even a contractual item. 

I've been very lucky in my career. I'd say about ninety-percent of the covers I've received in my eleven years have been pretty darn good. The cover guru at Amber Quill does his level best to make "his" authors happy, which is in his best interest considering he's dealing with a bevy of females.  

I've waited a long time to splash a muscle car on the cover of one of my books. When Amber Allure put out the call for a PAX with a theme of our heroes meeting in a garage, I raised my cyber-hand. And what car should pull into the garage? That's a no-brainer. A 1969 Camaro Z28. 

Bored, Stroked and Blueprinted is a term mechanics use when restoring an engine. You bore (increase diameter) of the cylinders to install larger pistons then change out the camshaft for a longer stroke and you get more horsepower. To "blueprint" the engine is to rebuild it to very precise specs. Bored, Stroked and Blueprinted sounds sort of naughty but it's car talk. Of course, it's a KC book so there IS naughty inside. 

Drumroll please............

Here's the new cover for Bored, Stroked and Blueprinted, coming March 23, 2013. It's rather simplistic, but I like it. You can read a story excerpt here





BORED, STROKED, AND BLUEPRINTED
is available at:

Amazon

iTunes/Apple

Barnes and Noble

Rakuten/Kobo





KC Kendricks
website
twitter
facebook

2 comments:

ShirleyAnn said...

Great cover I really like it.

KC Kendricks said...

Thanks! I like it, too. My first car was a '69 Camaro so you know I'm very fond of them. Not too many of them left on the roads these days. What a shame.