Monday, July 21, 2014

Sometimes you need to adjust your thinking

July 21, 2014

I have a confession to make. I’m a Blizzard addict. Yes, that’s the sad, ugly truth. This has been the summer of my addiction.

I’m not sure how it all started. (Yes, I am but I don’t want to put the blame on my best friend’s shoulder even though she’s the one who forced me to go to the Dairy Queen a few years ago when they had Key Lime Pie as a flavor.) It doesn’t matter how, but that first Blizzard was my undoing. 

I was able to resist the lure of that creamy, soft, icy, smooth confection until one miserably hot day, I was on my way back to work at the end of my lunch break and I acted on impulse. I made that fatal right-hand turn into the drive thru. Do you know how many calories are in a Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Blizzard? Me neither. And please don’t tell me.


So there it is. My secret. I’m standing up in front of everyone and admitting – I’m a Blizzard addict. Will this help me develop the will power to just say ‘no’? I hope it will. I’ll take all the help I can get.  


KC Kendricks
website
twitter

No comments: