Monday, September 1, 2014

A Busy September Ahead

September 1, 2014

Happy Labor Day 2014 to all! Thanks to everyone who works hard, even on Labor Day, to keep our country strong. 

Quite often September isn't sure if she's coming or going, but we welcome her for what she is as she prepares us for October's splendor.

The end of summer. The beginning of the school year.
The reaping of the harvest. The gathering of seeds for spring. 
The falling of leaves. The planting of grass.
The evening chill. The warmth of first fires. 

September brings a flurry of activity to my world. There's lots of yard work to be done as the deer stand in the woods and watch. It's time to cut or uproot dying flowers, one by one, as the daylight hours shorten. There's all the downed wood to cut, split and stack. Mother Nature provides us with what's needed to heat the house in cold weather but she doesn't give it for free. We must labor for it. 

Our little pool needs to be drained and stored for next year. The hummingbird feeders need to be removed and cleaned in the attempt to hasten the departure of the tiny birds south to warmer climes. I've been outside listening for the screech owls to begin calling but nothing yet. 

On the writing front, September brings a new KC releases: Dreams to Sell. And while this is coming out, my alter ego will begin the process to self-publish some older titles that have been out of print for several years. 

Dreams to Sell - book eight in the Men of Marionville series. Dreams to Sell is available at AmazoniTunesBarnes and NobleKobo and other online book sellers. 

Will this leave me time to actually write? I believe so. With the ousting of the previous CEO, my lot at the day job has improved immeasurably. I find I can function again. It's like a new job at the same desk. Weird and wonderful. 

For the first time, I'm taking this week off. Being at my day job for many years, I get a generous amount of vacation time, but with that said I think taking the days after a Monday holiday off helps maximize that benefit. I realize how fortunate I am with paid vacation and I promise I'll make good use of this time and not squander it.  

KC
http://www.kckendricks.com

No comments: