Tuesday, April 12, 2016

J is for Juggling Projects (2016 A to Z Blogging Challenge)

Day 10
April 12, 2016

2016 A to Z Blogging Challenge
It’s All About Time

Welcome to the 2016 A to Z Blogging Challenge! I set my 2016 theme as “time” and ways to manage it more productively in regards to my writing. Thanks for stopping by Between the Keys as I share what works for me when it comes to managing my time. 

*_*_*_*_*

I tend to juggle multiple projects. I’m not going to say it’s something you should do, especially if you’re a novice, but it’s the way I roll.

When I first started to write, that is actually put words on a page, I was singular in my thinking. The very first story I wrote took months to complete. I didn’t work on anything else. That was okay because I was caught up in the rush of writing my first book. Fast forward to about the fifth book and I knew I had to do something differently.

Sitting and staring at a computer screen when the words won’t come is a waste of my time. I’ve learned (the hard way) that when that happens, something is wrong in my thinking. It’s time to regroup. And to regroup I’ve got to think about something else other than the story I’ve been working on.

I only have a few short hours a day in which to write. If one project isn’t moving, I switch to another. That may mean blogging, doing promo snippets on twitter, or writing a character bio for the next story.

By juggling several projects I stay productive, and productivity is vital in the publishing industry.

 KC Kendricks

Have you joined my mailing list? No chatter, just the news.
Send an email to: betweenthekeys-subscribe@yahoogroups.com

No comments: