Wednesday, April 13, 2016

K is for Keep a Log (and Kentucky 98 Proof)

Day 11
April 13, 2016

2016 A to Z Blogging Challenge
It’s All About Time

Thanks for stopping by Between the Keys in the 2016 A to Z Blogging Challenge. We’re up to the letter K and Keep a Log.

This is the SIXTH year I’ve participated in the challenge, and this year I’m focusing on how I manage my time.

*_*_*_*_*

I keep an activity log. It’s a simple spreadsheet, but I it’s a vital tool for this writer.

My spreadsheet has a workbook for each year, but you may prefer separate spreadsheets. There's no right or wrong. It's about what works for you.

On mine, the book titles go across the top in row 1, and dates go down the side in column A. Whenever there’s something to record - first clicks, updated work count, book submitted, contract, edits, cover, release date, review - it gets added in the column for that book. (That doesn’t mean I have 365 rows on each workbook. I only record word count every few days if that’s all I have to track.)

This way, I don’t need to waste time searching through file folders to find dates for anything. I've kept a log and it’s all on the spreadsheet.

And it feels pretty darn good to view my writing history, too.


*_*_*_*

K is for Kentucky 98 Proof
Available now at Amazon
www.amazon.com/Kentucky-98-Proof-KC-Kendricks-ebook/dp/B01E7JEXJ8

(I confess. This is one of my favorite stories.)

KENTUCKY 98 PROOF

Victor Carter knows his grandfather only from a handful of black and white photographs, so his surprise when the man’s will is read is genuine. What’s he going to do with seventy acres on the side of a Kentucky mountain? More importantly, how’s he going to survive living there for a year to satisfy the conditions of the will so he can sell the property? Even worse, it’s not like the hills of Kentucky are teeming with gay companionship.

Boone Mosely is Kentucky born and bred with a proud family heritage he can trace back to his home state’s founding. Following in his uncle’s footsteps, Boone’s in his second term as sheriff of Four Points. He takes the job seriously and doesn’t suffer fools - or crime - in his town.

When city slicker Victor Carter arrives on Shepherd Mountain, Boone knows he’s got a whole new brand of trouble to deal with. And this time, the badge isn’t going to help him at all.

For an excerpt and buy links for Kentucky 98 Proof, please the webpage listed below. 



KC Kendricks

My home on the web- Between the Keys: 
Visit my bookshelf at: 

Social media links:
My country life at Holly Tree Manor: hollytreemanor.blogspot.com
Life through the eyes of Greenbrier Smokey Deuce: deucesday.blogspot.com

No comments: