Saturday, June 18, 2016

Beset by lists, I'm into the cloud

June 18, 2016

I've been a bit slow to embrace the world of Google docs. For my personal stuff, that is. It's been very handy at the day job job where there are several of us exchanging information on a frequent basis. What really convinced me I needed something other than my handy dandy jump drive is the amount of lists I use. I'm beset by lists. 

At the day job, I frequently joke, in a semi-serious way, that my brain is like a full glass of water. Every time someone insists on pouring some other piece of information into my brain, something runs out the other side and I never know what until I go looking for it. 

So I make lists. When I'm ready to upload a book to the various vendors, I consult a list. When it's time to do a My Sexy Saturday post, or write an article for the Insecure Writer's Support Group, I consult a list. You get the idea. To save myself a lot of time, time being the most precious commodity we have, I utilize lists. By finally putting some of those into the cloud, my life becomes simpler. 

Because if one forgets to take one's jump drive to the day job, one is without one's lists. 

(It wasn't pretty.)

Will I ever get bold enough to put a work-in-progress into the cloud? Some do, but I don't yet know if I'll be one of them. It's tempting, but it's not a step I'm ready to take. For now, let's see how having my lists in the cloud and at my fingertips works out. 

My co-workers are going to be relieved. I just hope they pray the Internet never goes down. 

KC Kendricks
http://www.kckendricks.com
twitter.com/kckendricks


No comments: