Wednesday, April 12, 2017

An eclectic collection

April 12, 2017

I love, love, love having a home office. It has all the amenities. A nice desk, a reading nook, a flat screen tv on the wall, my beloved Deuce at my feet. What's not to love?

Maybe the answer to that is what lies on the corner of my desk. 

A couple of years ago, I decided I'd worked with old, and I do mean OLD, office furniture for long enough. My office was a collection of cobbled together and cast off pieces. I'd just paid off the mortgage so I treated myself to a matching mission-style desk and credenza, and upgraded my space. 

I swore to myself I'd avoid clutter. I would avoid clutter at all costs! I would put everything in its proper place. Yes indeedy dog, I would! 

And how well is that working out for me? I think the picture is proof. My cellphone would be in the photo except I needed it to take the photo. 

Having taken the photo, it suddenly occurred to me why the pieces were on my desk and not in their proper "homes." My earrings, everyday bracelet, fitbit, reading glasses, what passes for a car "key" these days, everyday rings I wear to the day job (not my good set), and the jump drive with my entire life on it. It's an eclectic collection but these are a few of my favorite things. 

Well, it's not too much clutter. And I guess keeping those items handy is a time savings. 

Of course, it could be the truth is I had a lazy moment and just dropped it all right there. Not that I will admit to that.

KC
www.kckendricks.com

No comments: