Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Roll With It (writing, that is)

August 12, 2009



This has been a wonderfully productive year for me. So productive, it's scary. I wonder if I can keep up the pace, or if I even want to keep the pace. Heck, yeah, I do! I'm having fun!

The first edit of Netting Neptune came back this week. I cringed over some of the typos. Proofreading my own work is not one of my strong points. My brain knows the story and simply fills in those missing words: the, and, to, and the pesky 's' on the end of some words. And with my usual proofreader vacationing in France, well, my apologies to my editor.

Aside from that, I'm excited about Netting Neptune. I originally had the title slated for a different story, but I had this idea and decided to run with it. That idea became Netting Neptune, Taming Triton, and Poseidon's Pleasure. I'm sure you see the sea theme working there. I'm nearing the end of Poseidon's Pleasure, and I confess experiencing a bit of sadness that I'll be leaving my island world for other settings.

But new settings bring a certain level of excitement to my writing process. With the Internet, the world is at my fingertips, and I get to go exploring. Pretty cool. I learned a few things in my seaside realm, and building on that new knowledge is exciting, too.

Now I must get back to the edit, but I invite you to visit my website and check out the Netting Neptune page. And while you're there, why not take part in the Two Lips Third Anniversary contest? Find the banner on my site, click on it, and get the details. Lots of stuff up for grabs, and this is the one and only contest I'm involved in this year. Good luck!

KC Kendricks
website

No comments: