Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Karma to Kings

April 13, 2011
A to Z Blogging Challenge
Day 11 - K


When I signed up to do the Blogging from A-Z thing this month, I never imagined that ‘K’ would be the letter I’d stumble over. Well, here I am with nothing witty or profound to say about K. Since that is the case, I’ll give you a warning right here and now. You’re about to be subjected to a mish-mash of words and things that somehow, and occasionally, relate to K. Run now, or forever hold your opinion.

K – Karma. Let’s all remember karma and be NICE to one another, dammit!

K – Kelly. The dog my parents owned when my dad died.

K – Kiss. A romance writer’s secret weapon.

K – KISS. One of the best live shows I ever plunked down thirty bucks for. Bad grammar, yes.

K – K-cups. We got a k-cup coffee brewer in December and we love it. Every cup is fresh. We got the Cuisinart with the little basket so we can use our regular ground coffee as well as the little k-cups. So far we’ve tried about six different brands and we like Tully’s Kona and Green Mountain Dark Magic the best.

K – Kona. It’s a bad year for Kona lovers. The weather on the Big Island has led to a reduced crop. I’m hoarding the twelve Kona k-cups I have left for special mornings.

K – Kahlua. The smaller the drinking establishment you’re visiting, the more important it is to ask if the “cream” they are mixing with your Kahlua has passed its expiration date.

K – Klingon. Either you’re a Trekker or you’re not.

K – Kinks. Thank you, Ray Davies, for introducing me to transvestites. Girls will be boys, and boys will be girls, it’s a mixed up, muddled up shook up world except for Lola. Lo-lo-lolo-Lola.

K – King Leonidas. I confess. I saw the movie ‘300’ on the big screen. Why you ask? I hate to admit this, being a writer and all, but there are times a picture is worth a thousand words. Do you see that man’s thighs?

That’s it for the letter K. I hope to have more cohesive thoughts on L tomorrow. Thanks for reading this far, and I hope you’re checking out some of the other A-Z bloggers. We aim to entertain.

KC Kendricks
Visit my website at: http://www.kckendricks.com
Follow me on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/kckendricks
Join my mailing list at: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/betweenthekeys
Read my personal blog: http://www.kckendricks.blogspot.com
Find me on facebook - KC with the little butterfly
Check out the MySpace page: http://www.myspace.com/kckendricks

1 comment:

nutschell said...

300 was such an amazing feat of cinematography. and hurray for king leonidas's abs. great meeting you through the a-z
nutschell
www.thewritingnut.com