Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Worth Every Drop of Sweat - and Dime

March 13, 2012

My partner and I have tackled just about every home improvement project you can think of. It started in 1995 with our inaugural project together,the addition of a sunroom. The good, the bad, and the ugly of our somewhat new relationship was laid out for both of us to examine.

The good news - we both have a good knowledge base necessary for home improvement projects.
The bad news - we go at things from polar opposite ends.
The ugly - when we get tired, our vocabulary reaches new heights (or depths depending on your point of view).

In truth, we're a good team. We've just finished a kitchen re-vamp with new counters, new sink, new window and window trim, new backsplash, under cabinet lighting, and a light refinishing of the cabinetry. The floor is next provided I can decide on what I want.

It was a lot of work, but so worth it. I invite you to step into my kitchen with me :) I would have taken a picture of the island, but with everything on it, what would have been the point?

KC



1 comment:

Brenda said...

Looks terrific. I wish I could get ny finished. I've gutted it it, painted the walls, but until the floor goes down, who knows when I'll have cabinets. Good thing I have an apartment attched to my house for me to have some kitchen facilities.