Thursday, March 21, 2013

Some motivation required

March 21, 2013

The calendar says lovely Spring has arrived and as in years past my thoughts have turned to getting outdoors and doing ...anything.

Seriously - I don't care what the activity as long as it gets me out of the house. It's been a long, cold winter and I've been a slug since Christmas. The camel-colored slacks I'm wearing today that fit like they'd been made just for me last fall are a wee bit tight now. Not so much I risk the seams by wearing them, you understand. They're just snug.

So it's time to take action and start the yearly ritual. Again. Every spring I buy a pair of walking shoes and start walking. And every year I tell myself if I just hadn't quit walking in November, I wouldn't have to get back in the groove now. (I'd still need the shoes.)

What can I say except it was COLD in November? Give me a "wimp" button and I'll wear it.

The truth is I think I write better when I get out and walk. The fresh air and sunshine lift my spirits as well as oxygenate my brain cells. My theory is better brain cells, better books. It's win/win.

I found this cartoon a few days ago and I've been laughing over it ever since. I don't need quite this much motivation, but I sure would appreciate the mercury rising above 50F.

KC



2 comments:

Shelly said...

Exercise has a way of clearing the mind. That is for sure.

Hugs and chocolate,
Shelly

KC Kendricks said...

Some of us need a lot of that LOL!!