Thursday, October 24, 2013

Social media check on KC



October 24, 2013

Oh, I had such grandiose plans for the day. I was going to accomplish so many things. And I almost did - until I started reading a few old blogs looking for a lost link.

I've come a long way since I began to write. Those old blog entries give an account of the last ten (almost eleven) years of my life. Some show their age and some could have been written yesterday. All of them evoke certain memories and I think this is a good thing.

So I can blog, but how am I doing with other social media? It's a mixed bag.

Twitter! Yes, I've been actively trying to increase my followers on Twitter.   ( http://www.twitter.com/kckendricks ) It's pretty easy to follow someone and it's easy to post a Tweet. Like blogging, I did resist for awhile but twitter is just blogging for people with ADD. Short bursts on a lot of topics. I can do Twitter.

Facebook! Egads. Facebook. Now that's a challenge for me. I don't know what the heck is going on there and every time I turn around I hear how dangerous it is to be on Facebook.

Pinterest! I love, love, love Pinterest. I've wasted a lot of time looking at bunches of really cool things on Pinterest. I can do Pinterest. I think I have seven or eight boards now. http://www.pinterest.com/kckendricks

Triberr. Oh, dear. Another one. I should do Triberr. It's called a "blog amplification platform" and I do like to blog. Triberr works to promote like subject matter and I blog all over the range of subject matter, not just about the books I write. Does one Tribe not fit all? Apparently not. I've no clue where to even start.

LinkedIn. Just say no to giving up the emails of your associates. Remember it's still a "do unto others" sort of world. You don't pass around my email and I sure as hell won't pass around yours.

Google +. It's on my list of things to add to my life provided I can figure out why.

And all this is just the tip of the iceberg. Type in "social media sites" into any search engine and stand back...

Thinking about all this social media stuff has worn me out and this Luddite needs a nap. I expect the next time you'll hear from me will be on October 26, 2013, for My Sexy Saturday. Hope you'll stop by for that!

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

 KC Kendricks

Life through the eyes of Greenbrier Smokey Deuce: deucesday.blogspot.com

No comments: