Monday, February 3, 2014

Blogging vs. Freebie Story

February 3, 2014

"I wish she had a free book so I could see how she writes."

Ever hear someone say that? Ever say it yourself? Ever consider writing one? 

I was chatting with an author friend who bemoaned the fact she didn't have a free book available. I suggested she blog because every time an author blogs, she/he is writing something for free. Blog often enough and readers get a feel for your writing. Use your blog for promo and excerpts, and readers will get a sense of your books.  Join a great blog hop like My Sexy Saturday, and even the writer gets to enjoy free snippets and know the work of other writers. 

In this digital age, free is such a mixed bag. It's not that I'm opposed to free stories. Heck, I may actually find the time some day (which will really curtail my blogging time while I work on it). I think what bugs me is that when you give one story away, there is a certain element within the readership out there in cyberspace that think it's then okay for them to give any and all of a writer's work away - like to pirate sites. 

I know most folks are completely honest and to them I do apologize. It is a case of a few bad apples ruining what is generally considered appropriate for an author to do. So I guess until technology improves or cyberspace pirates see the light of truth and honesty, I'll be a blogger. 


_*_*_*_*_*_*_

 KC Kendricks

My home on the web- Between the Keys: 
Visit my bookshelf at: 

Social media links:
Life through the eyes of my black Lab, Greenbrier Smokey Deuce: deucesday.blogspot.com
My country life at Holly Tree Manor: hollytreemanor.blogspot.com

No comments: