Saturday, May 3, 2014

Moon Dances

May 3, 2014

If it's Saturday, it's time for a blog hop. This week it's the Seductive Studs and Sirens Blog Hop. Be sure to check out all the SS&S blogs. 


About Moon Dances:

For Lieutenant Fallon Roxbury, Special Police Consultant, reality has taken on a strange shift. Shapeshifters exist and a clan of them live under his protection. One is his lover, Sundown. Protecting the Chal is a full-time job, a task which would be easier if they weren’t so secretive - and scheming. When Fallon’s police force partner suggests a vacation, Fallon jumps at the chance to take Sundown someplace private. A resort near where he grew up seems like the prefect place for a get-away. Ten days filled with sex, sleep and sun is just what they both need, but more than fun lurks in the woods.

The ancient nemesis of the Chal is still out there and could one day return to earth to enslave both Chal and human alike. Secrets of the Chal past come to light when Fallon’s suppressed memories of his early years resurface. The shapeshifters have always had a plan defeat their enemy, one with Sundown at its core.

_*_*_*_*_

Sundown’s easy laughter lifted my spirits as we fell into step together. I didn’t have a destination in mind, just the joy of walking along the edge of the woods hand-in-hand with my lover. Tomorrow would be time enough to venture among the trees and search for my old haunts.

The boat dock was about a mile beyond our cabin, and we ended up walking down to the water’s edge. As luck would have it, there was also a weathered bench, so we sat shoulder-to-shoulder and watched the crescent moon rise over the lake. I rested my arm on the back of the bench, and he leaned closer. Mingled with smell of the water and pines was a rich sandalwood— the scent my lover produced when he wanted sex.

“You could sit on my lap, babe.”

Sundown bumped against me. “Are there not laws to forbid such exhibitions?”

"I doubt the fish will take pictures.” I unzipped my jeans.

_*_*_*_

Moon Dances
Book IV of the Sundown saga
Please visit http://www.kckendricks.com/MoonDances.html for a longer excerpt and third-party vendor purchase information.

Review info: Moon Dances received 4.5 Nymphs from Literary Nymphs

_*_*_*_

KC Kendricks

6 comments:

Unknown said...

:) A really sweet/spice moment... I wanted to keep reading that scene! I haven't read the Sundown series yet, but it's definitely going on my TBR pile. I'm curious about the shapeshifters, in particular!

Dakota Trace said...

:) Fish indeed. Sexy little snippet.

KC Kendricks said...

Sundown was just giving Fallon a hard time. He likes to do that. Thanks for stopping by Between the Keys.

Christiane France - Author said...

Moon Dances is my absolute favorite of this series.

Sexy Erotic Xciting said...

So now I have added this one to my wish list! I love these two guys!
Evelise

KC Kendricks said...

Thanks, Chris and Evelise! Sundown is a fun character. I can take him just about anywhere. He's that kind of shapeshifter.