Saturday, August 23, 2014

Highway Nights by KC Kendricks on this My Sexy Saturday

August 23, 2014

**updated 4/1/21**
**The My Sexy Saturday blog hop is no longer operational**

Welcome to my corner of My Sexy Saturday. This week I'm highlighting seven paragraphs from Highway Nights. 

With My Sexy Saturday #56, we're talking about love for the ages and that's what happened to Garrett and Oliver. They didn't see it coming in the beginning, but it made the ride more fun.

I hope you enjoy this snip from Highway Nights.

_*_*_*_


“To each his own.”

Garrett grasped Oliver’s hips and yanked him against him. He held him there and soaked up the heat from Oliver’s body. The corner of his mouth quirked in a small smile.

“So, am I going to have to beg you to kiss me again?”

Oliver ran his thumb over Garrett’s lower lip. He swallowed, the muscles in his throat moving. “Garrett, be sure you want this. Don’t lead me on, then tell me to stop.”

“I came for this, Oliver.”

Something dark and unsettled sparked in Oliver’s eyes. “Don’t get too attached to me, either, boy.”

“I’m horny. I want to fuck you, not marry you.”

_*_*_*_

For what it's worth, I saw the photo of cars on the highway at night and it was the inspiration for the story. I was thrilled when the cover artist agreed to use it. 

More about Highway Nights:

Garrett Webb has a five-point plan for starting his own business. To keep it on track, he takes a second job and settles into the evening delivery run between Owensville and Mt. Franklin. When a foggy night sends him to the safety of The Downshift Diner and its owner, Oliver Sanderson, that future takes an unforeseen turn.

Good intentions can’t hold out against their budding attraction. Garrett makes the diner a regular stop during his nightly run, and the men get better acquainted. But Garrett’s past isn’t done with him. In a single heart-stopping moment, Garrett is forced to a decision that risks Oliver’s life – one that could forever end their highway nights.

HIGHWAY NIGHTS

Available at:

 Amazon US: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01F4F7GX4

 Amazon UK: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01F4F7GX4

 Amazon CA: https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01F4F7GX4

 iTunes/Apple: itunes.apple.com/us/book/id1107349490

 Barnes and Noble/NOOK:  www.barnesandnoble.com/w/highway-nights-kc-kendricks/1109557517?ean=2940153170350

 Rakuten/KOBO: www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/highway-nights-1

 Universal link to additional booksellers: https://books2read.com/u/4NYRNm

 Highway Nights webpage: https://kckendricks.blogspot.com/p/highway-nights-by-kc-kendricks.html

 KC Kendricks

Life through the eyes of Greenbrier Smokey Deuce: deucesday.blogspot.com





5 comments:

Author H K Carlton said...

Love that last line, KC. To the point! :D

Christiane France - Author said...

I've read this one. It's very very good.

Anonymous said...

Very nice. I think he's kidding himself, though. I'll have to check this one out.

fa said...

Hot excerpt :) always love discovering new authors on hops.

KC Kendricks said...

Thanks for stopping by the blog today!

HK - Garrett is a to the point kind of guy :)

Hi Chris!! Thanks for the read :)

Alexis - yeah, the writing is on the wall for these guys to end up together LOL!!

Angel - I know what you mean. I've been writing under one name or another for eleven years and there's just no way to meet everyone - but we try.