Saturday, August 9, 2014

Tango in the Night by KC Kendricks (#MSS54)

August 9, 2014
**Updated 4/2/21 - the My Sexy Saturday blog hop has been closed.**

Welcome to My Sexy Saturday #54. Hot August is here and it's time to heat up the sheets even more. In my hometown if you talk about the tango in the night you're talking about sex, not a song by a rock group although I do like the song. So here are seven sexy paragraphs from one of my favorite stories (if the author is allowed to admit that), Tango in the Night. Enjoy!

_*_*_*_


Ellis’ gaze locked with mine. I knew that interested look, having been on the receiving end of it often enough in my life. It was nice to know I could still turn a head. He reached out and trailed his fingertips down my arm. “You want some help feeling young again, Jubal?”
I hated to disappoint him. He was a nice looking man, and I couldn’t deny my curiosity about him. But…I rebuffed him as gently as I knew how. “Not with a co-worker, Ellis, even a handsome stud like you.”
Ellis didn’t blink. His chin lifted the slightest bit as those blue eyes saw straight through my act. A warm little glow sparked to life in my belly. I knew by the way he pressed his full, sexy lips together he knew. We stood there staring at each, the air between us sparking with a strange blue lightning. He tried, but he couldn’t keep the corner of his mouth from quirking up in a little smile.
“If you change your mind, Jubal, just say so.”
I nodded. Ellis pushed off from the counter and walked towards the door, the wide vees on the pockets of his jeans showing off his swagger to good advantage. I had one more thing I had to say to him. “Ellis?”
He stopped and turned around. “Yeah?”
“Nice ass.”
_*_*_*_

Here's a bit about Tango in the Night:


Jubal Graham is back on the job after a shooter took the life of his long-time partner, and sent him into a coma followed by months of rehab. Determined to have justice, Jubal is focused on finding a killer, not a new romantic entanglement. Ellis Banks, with his smoldering blue eyes and denim-clad swagger is a distraction Jubal can’t afford – or ignore. 

Ellis Banks came to Philadelphia to bust a drug operation; one that connects to the same case agency legend Kentuckian Jubal Graham is working. Ellis finds himself drawn to Jubal, but Jubal holds him off. Sure that Jubal is interested, even though Jubal wears his slain lover’s ring, Ellis mounts a determined siege.

Jubal’s surprise at having a suitor develops into a growing affection for Ellis, one clouded with old fears. Fate ripped one lover from his arms, and now Ellis is in the line of fire. Jubal’s courage can protect Ellis, but is it powerful enough to love him?

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

 KC Kendricks

Life through the eyes of Greenbrier Smokey Deuce: deucesday.blogspot.com

11 comments:

Christiane France - Author said...

This book is soooo good.

Savanna Kougar said...

Most excellent snippet, I'm feeling Jubal and Ellis.

KC Kendricks said...

Thanks Chris and Savanna! I'm glad you could stop by the blog today :)

Lucy Felthouse said...

Great snippet, well done!

Dakota Trace said...

Love the cheekiness of this.
Dakota

Unknown said...

Loved this snippet!

KC Kendricks said...

Thanks Lucy, Dakota and Bree. Glad you could stop by the blog for My Sexy Saturday.

Anonymous said...

Loved the interaction. I don't think he's going to be able to resist those blue eyes for very long.

Unknown said...

Oh, I love the sexual tension there! XX

Jessica E. Subject said...

I wonder how long he'll be able to resist him. Great snippet! :)

Suz de said...

Ooh, hot, nice.