Wednesday, April 15, 2015

M is for Myriad (and Moon Dances by KC Kendricks)

April 15, 2015
Day 13

The 2015 A to Z Blogging Challenge
Many Sundry Things

M is for Myriad

*_*_*

I love the word MYRIAD. Let’s go all dictionary for a moment.

Myr-i-ad [mirēƏd]
(noun)
  1. a countless or extremely great number
  2. a unit of ten thousand
(adjective)
  1. countless or extremely great in number
In English, the word myriad is commonly used to denote a large but unspecified number. I like to tell people I have myriad duties at the day job. They may look at me strangely but I don’t much care.

A favorite quote comes from an episode of the old television show, Queer As Folk. Speaking about herself, one of the character says, “My house has many rooms. I inhabit but a few. The rest go unvisited.”

We all have many sides to our personalities, many rooms. We sense things we are both capable and incapable of doing. If we’re brave, we may visit both. So when we view these many rooms, how do we interpret them? As two-dimensional boxes? Are they flat squares on our life’s flowchart?

I like to think my house has myriad rooms, sort of like a prism. There are facets and reflections. My house with myriad rooms gleams like a crystal sparkling in the sunlight.

I peer into those unvisited rooms with wonder and it’s enough for me to know they exist. Perhaps the time will come when I step into one, or more, but it's not today. Today it's enough to simply keep those many doors open.

KC Kendricks
http://www.kckendricks.com

_*_*_*_

Once again this year I have to do a little book promo along the way. You won’t know about my books if I don’t tell you about them, right?

M is for Moon Dances 

 For Lieutenant Fallon Roxbury, Special Police Consultant, reality has taken on a strange shift. Shapeshifters exist and a clan of them live under his protection. One is his lover, Sundown. Protecting the Chal is a full-time job, a task which would be easier if they weren’t so secretive - and scheming. When Fallon’s police force partner suggests a vacation, Fallon jumps at the chance to take Sundown someplace private. A resort near where he grew up seems like the prefect place for a get-away. Ten days filled with sex, sleep and sun is just what they both need, but more than fun lurks in the woods.

The ancient nemesis of the Chal is still out there and could one day return to earth to enslave both Chal and human alike. Secrets of the Chal past come to light when Fallon’s suppressed memories of his early years resurface. The shapeshifters have always had a plan defeat their enemy, one with Sundown at its core. 

Moon Dances
More information at 
www.kckendricks.com/MoonDances.html

No comments: