Saturday, January 23, 2016

Fly By Night by KC Kendricks (MSS 125)

January 23, 2016
**Updated 4/2/21 - the My Sexy Saturday blog hop has closed.**

Happy snowy Saturday! If you live on the east coast, from the Carolinas to Boston, I feel your pain! But we can still celebrate the snow with My Sexy Saturday. This week, I'm doing something I rarely do by posting seven sexy paragraphs from an upcoming release, Fly By Night.


Fly By Night is the fifth book in the Sundown saga, Sundown being my sexy smart, albeit bratty, shapeshifter. In this excerpt, Fallon is teasing Sundown with a new word. Sundown then applies it to Fallon's office assistant.


Enjoy!


_*_*_*_*_



“I don’t want that to happen, either. I rather like having you all to myself. It makes me feel a little hinky when I think of another Chal's essence being inside your head when we made love.” I opened the passenger door for him as he glared at me.
“Hinky. Hinky. Why do you do this to me? Tell me what is this hinky? Tell me now!”
I slid behind the steering wheel and stuck the key in the ignition switch. “It means something is not quite right, bordering on the unreliable. Or maybe a person is acting a little suspicious. Cops use the word instead of saying we’ve got a sixth sense about something. We say it’s got a hinky feel. Do you understand?”
I started the car and put it in gear as he mulled it over. He didn’t speak until we reached the precinct house.
“Yes. Mon-tee. I have a hinky feeling about Mon-tee.”
“I’ve got that same feeling about shapeshifters, babe.” I grinned at him. “I’ve never encountered anything hinkier.”
He flung his hands up. “Oh, we are finished with this word, Fallon Roxbury. I don’t believe it is a real word and I will confirm this suspicion with Sergeant Mack. He will not misinform me if I have an honest question. Why are you laughing?” 

_*_*_*_*_


More about FLY BY NIGHT:



Lieutenant Fallon Roxbury has a few secrets. His lover Sundown is a shapeshifter, and his entire Clan is under Fallon’s protection. He can usually handle the job but the universe has conspired to align a few unusual events. A body was found at the old rail yard where the shapeshifters once had a village, the clan’s nestlings are about to mature, and his lover and his police partner are suddenly behaving like best friends.

When the clan elders confirm the identity of the murderer, Fallon has more trouble. The suspect is one of the city commissioners and the evidence points to him killing more than once. It’s up to Fallon to find legally admissible evidence to connect his cold case to the more recent murder. He’ll need some specialized help for that, the kind only Sundown can provide.

Bit by bit Fallon gathers evidence, not only about the murders, but about the secrets Sundown has kept. It’s a sobering reminder that looks can be deceiving, and the shapeshifter he shares his life with isn’t human. 

The Sundown saga in order is:

The Back Stairs

Beneath Dark Stars
River Walk
Moon Dances
Fly By Night

Please visit www.kckendricks.com for more info and excerpts from the Sundown saga.


You can check out all the My Sexy Saturday blogs using the list below.


KC Kendricks

http://www.kckendricks.com
www.twtiter.com/kckendricks
www.pinterest.com/kckendricks





1 comment: