Wednesday, March 30, 2016

The Waiting Game

March 30, 2016

After what seems like an eternity, we've arrived at the last days of March. I feel like I've been living in the perfect storm.

  • Amber Quill announced its closing leaving me with forty books to self-pub
  • My mother had surgery 
  • We had a blizzard with thirty inches of snow
  • My mother ended up in the hospital again, then rehab
  • I got a puppy
  • My best friend in the whole world is moving away
  • I prepped for the A to Z Blogging Challenge, which begins April 1
  • I subbed a story to Loose Id as KC and it was accepted (my alter ego was one of the first authors they published back in 2004)

I've not written much new prose. This worries me but I've been a bit busy. On top of everything, I do work a full-time job and I do have the spousal unit. Both need a certain amount of attention. 

But for some reason, I got up this morning ready to kick ass first and take the names of anyone left standing later. Maybe it's because my mother is finally back home. Or perhaps it's because Deuce is pretty much house-trained. 

More likely it's because the waiting game is almost over. I can finally DO something. Amber Quill closes tomorrow. My books are already off All Romance eBooks and Amazon. Tonight I'll do as much pre-order loading as I can to make what books I have covers made for available on April 1. 

I've already made preliminary updates to my website. I'll have to go back and add the buy links when they're available. Same for here at Between the Keys. 

Finally, finally, finally, I feel like I can get moving again.

KC Kendricks
http://www.kckendricks.com

PS. Don't forget to check back on April 1 for the opening of the A to Z Blogging Challenge!


No comments: