Tuesday, April 19, 2016

P is for Prioritize

Day 16
April 19, 2016

2016 A to Z Blogging Challenge

I can’t think of anything more important to managing my time effectively than prioritizing. 

And that’s prioritizing everything, not just writing projects. Every day I take the time to figure out what needs done and then prioritize what needs done today. It’s part of that mountain climbing thing I talked about a few days ago.

What I thought was vitally important yesterday may be less so today. Needs do change. Decisions made by others have a ripple effect. So it’s important to examine what I need to do to maximize my time.

Unfortunately for me, or maybe it’s fortunately because I do like getting a paycheck, my day job is a priority Monday through Friday. Everything has to fall in around the day job and that includes family, friends and writing career. Everything. I don't like it much, but that's the financial reality of it.  

If I keep the main things in my life a priority, those little things that slip away maybe weren’t so important. It’s up to me to decide.

 KC Kendricks
www.twitter.com/kckendricks

1 comment:

C R Ward said...

I always have a problem balancing the "must do's" with the "want to do's". There just never seems to be enough hours in the day to get everything done. Setting priorities helps me get things done, but not always the things I'd like to get done.

Carol at My Writing Journal