Sunday, May 22, 2016

Cover magic



May 22, 2016

One of the better things to come out of going indie is that it forced me to improve my Photoshop skills. It's not that I couldn't buy my old covers, but I find I'm financially, and morally, opposed to paying for covers my sales already paid for. 

What do I mean when I say if I've already paid for a cover, why buy it a second time? To quote Achmed the Dead Terrorist, "...think about it...."

But I digress. 

I've been making covers this weekend, and I'm rather pleased with the results. Now I can do the formatting for Between the Moon & the Deep Blue Sea and Catching Fireflies. That will complete the Ocracoke Island segment of the Southern Cross series as it stands now. (I say formatting, but it's more like de-formatting from the publisher's galley to something usable for the indie processes.)

With any luck, I'll be able to get these stories back out into the world this week, before my vacations starts on Friday, May 27. Because once vacation starts, I don't think I'll get much done.

KC Kendricks
www.kckendricks.com
www.twitter.com/kckendricks

No comments: