Saturday, March 25, 2017

Shine A Light for MSS#182

March 25, 2017
**Updated 4/2/21 - the My Sexy Saturday blog hop has been discontinued.**

Welcome to My Sexy Saturday #182. Wow! That's a lot of Saturdays. Just a bit of trivia for this Saturday - Sir Elton John turns seventy today. If you follow along here at Between the Keys, you've read that Elton has laid down the soundtrack to my life. But I digress...

This week, we're going to shine a light on a fallen star and the small local theatre where he gets a second chance to shine. 

Be sure to check out all the My Sexy Saturday blogs using the list below. 

Enjoy! 
_*_*_*_


“Scared, too. You’re Donovan MacKenzie. I don’t want to disappoint you.” Shane’s fingers brushed the bulge that snaked down my left thigh, still trapped by denim.

Touched by that confession, I gave him by own. “I don’t want you to be disappointed in me, either. This is me right now, not some Hollywood image that’s impossible to live up to.”

“I know.”

We moved at the same time, and whether I kissed him, or he kissed me, I didn’t know or care. His warm, coffee-flavored lips parted under mine. My senses reeled, hit by jolt after jolt of arousal as his soft, breathy sigh drew me in. He was like some live flame in my arms, with his heat and energy ready to be unleashed at my command. The memories of other lovers flickered and dimmed. His tentative eagerness reminded me he was only in his mid-twenties, maybe too young for my cynical attitude, even as it banished any thought of staying away from him because of his age.

Shane inhaled sharply and his tongue met mine in a lively dance of joyful discovery. I felt the laughter building in him, and we both grinned, which ended our kiss. He licked his smiling lips.

“Wow.”

I was barely able force air into my lungs. “Wow? I was hoping for five stars.”

_*_*_*_

ABOUT SHINE A LIGHT:


After being viciously outed by his spiteful ex-lover, Van MacKenzie, fallen Hollywood and Broadway star, lands on stage in a small town community theatre - and in the arms of set designer Shane Hollister. Van knows his attraction to the talented young man could seal the fate of his career, but he can’t resist having a ‘summer thing’ while performing at The Globe. When an act of violence catches them unaware, Van recognizes the message was really meant for him. Walking away from Shane might be the smart thing to do to keep him safe.

Shane Hollister had established himself as a Broadway set designer before his father’s accident forced him to move home to St. Charles. Needing work, Shane accepts a job at The Globe. To his surprise, the small operation equals any big city production. When Donovan “Van” MacKenzie signs on for the new show, Shane grabs the chance to have a summer fling with his big screen idol, refusing to allow Van’s past to intrude. 

Shane knows he has only one chance to catch a fallen star, and keep him for his own. 


SHINE A LIGHT is available at Amazon, iTunes/Apple, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and other online booksellers. 


KC Kendricks



1 comment:

Angelica Dawson said...

what an adorable exchange. Fabulous.