Friday, March 31, 2017

The 2017 April A to Z Blogging Challenge

March 31, 2017

For the past six years, I've taken part in the annual A to Z Blogging Challenge. I decided to opt out this year - and it feels a bit strange. It feels like giving up. 

Probably because it is. 

I had a good run with the challenge. I completed each year. That's one hundred and eighty blog entries posted on time and on topic. Plus the odd into and promo. It was a lot of blogging, and even though I like to blog, it was, well, a lot. 

Life brings changes and not all of them are positive. With my mother in a care facility for Alzheimer's patients, my time is spent between work, my home, the facility, and my step-father's home. Keeping up the writing schedule of year's past is no longer possible and that tears at me. I don't have time to do the one thing I enjoy at my very core. But I'm not whining. This is the normal for now. It won't be the normal forever. 

I hope the A to Z Challenge continues because one day I'll be back to it. And when I do get back to it, I'll add another badge. Until then, I might go back and re-post a few of my favorite letters as we walk through April. It depends on the constraints on my time. 

Now I must get back to work. The afternoon is winding down toward the weekend, and no one wants to miss the sound of the starting gun on that! 

KC
www.kckendricks.com

PS. I'd give you the link to the list of A to Z participants, but they're no longer doing a list. I'm not sure how you can find participants this year. 

No comments: